Frey, Urias M. (1911 - 1979)
Helen (Weber) and Urias M. Frey
Baby Son Frey
|Owner of original
|Frey; Urias M. Frey; Helen Weber
In 1902 the Eby church was replaced by a new Erb Street building at a new location closer to town. This building, much enlarged, is an important part of the religious life of Waterloo to this day. The old churchyard remained as the cemetery for the new church, although separated from the building. As Waterloo has expanded, especially in the 1970's and 1980's, the city has come out to surround the small cemetery, which is now crowed by suburbia. The church and its congregation are no longer rural.
The cemetery is well kept and a reminder of the Mennonite origins and traditions of the early days of Waterloo.
- from http://www.waterlooogs.ca/cemeterypics/ErbStreecemetery.html